Yes, that’s right, velour tracksuits are back, baby!
While athleisure may have taken a little hiatus since its popularity in the early 2000s, velour jogger sets are having a moment again in the wake of pandemic lockdowns and the transition to working from home. Looking for women’s plus size tracksuits? Read on for a trend report and styling advice!
First of All, What’s Velour?
Velour is basically a soft, plush material made from cotton that is supposed to imitate velvet. This means that plus size velour tracksuits are super comfortable and gentle on the skin.
Then and Now: Velour Tracksuit Trend
When Juicy Couture introduced its feminine velour tracksuit in 2001, the item quickly exploded in popularity. Everyone from celebrities and fashionistas to everyday people were wearing velour tracksuits. The success of velour tracksuits was partly due to the cute colors and comfy styles of what had once been a mens staple. Plus, what’s better than knowing that you can basically wear sweatpants and a sweatshirt set and be on trend?
Although women’s tracksuits disappeared from the focus of fashion for nearly a decade, athleisure started its comeback in 2020. As people were spending more time at home, jogger sets came back into the spotlight. And do you know what that means for you? Plus size velour tracksuits in fun shapes and colors!
Velour Tracksuits for Plus Sizes
Plus size fashion has featured baggy shapes and boring options for way too long. You might think that velour hoodie sets can be pretty basic, but that is just not true! Velour tracksuits for plus size fashionistas come in all different styles. With a variety of colors, styles, and fits, plus size velour tracksuits are a versatile way to switch up your athleisure wardrobe.
How to Style a Velour Tracksuit
Wondering how to take your plus size tracksuit set to the next level? Check out these tips to style a winning outfit that combines comfort and taste:
- Keep fit in mind. The best way to avoid looking like you’re wearing your pajamas out of the house is to find a jogger set that really fits. Stay away from baggy tracksuits and instead choose ones that offer a slimmer-fitting top or bottom. Try a cropped jacket with matching pants or go for a shape that takes athleisure to the next level.
- Split it up. Another fun idea to style a tracksuit outfit is to split up the set. Pair wide leg velour pants with a chic printed bodysuit or throw on a velour hoodie over your favorite pair of jeans. Mix and match comfortable pieces with fashionable items to get an outfit that’s equal parts fun and function.
- Dress it up. Just because you’re wearing a plus size tracksuit set doesn’t mean you can’t be fancy. Try layering opulent jewelry over your velour top or pair a tracksuit with heels and hit the town!
- Layer. Layering items under and over your tracksuit is a great way to put an unexpected twist on this classic look. Try revealing your fave crop top under a velour hoodie, or polishing up your look with a faux leather blazer to feel your best.
- Accessorize. Plus size velour tracksuits are a great canvas to show off your statement jewelry. Simply put on your jogger set and pick out your favorite stand-out earrings, mini- purse, or look-at-me necklace, and ooze self confidence.
- Ready to slip into something comfy and follow the latest trend in athleisure at the same time? Browse through plus size velour tracksuit options that combine fashion with ultimate comfort so you can look and feel on top of the world.
Leave a comment